Wednesday 12 October 2016

RASBHARI PANEER AND KHOYA BALL


With the festive hangover still on, I am too lethargic and reluctant to write a single line. Yesterday we had bid adieu to Maa Durga, greeted each other, had a lunch with Khichdi and Hilsa Fry... and came back home heavy hearted. The Hilsa quality was poor. Sitting at the favourite corner of the couch, I am rewinding all the fun we had in the past five days and getting mentally prepared for a lovely dinner invitation at a dear couple friend's place.... I thought I have nothing at home that I can carry for them. I usually wish to prepare something with love when I go for an invitation.... however little and simple it is. Yet, honestly I am still in no mood to cook. The glam and glitz and festivity of the Durga Puja is ruling my heart. 

Also, the pathetically romantic self is again back to her music maniac state. So I planned to prepare something simple and hassle free, as far as my headphone allowed me to.... I am kind of immersed in Rafi saab's "Abhi na jao chor kar, ke dil abhi bhara nehi"at the moment. I am pretty sure by now I am a food blogger by fault.

From now until the Diwali, some of my blogger friends will come up with their unique sweet recipes, I know. Let me add mine. Yesterday, I had exactly two hours time to prepare something. Hence, I prepared this sweet, which took me less than two hours. It is definitely not Rasmalai... I did not have enough time and energy to go with the long process of preparing Rasmalai. The paneer and khoya balls you see are not cooked or fried. The two are prepared fresh, mashed and kneaded well and soaked in a hot milk & sugar syrup. What else do you expect from a lazy cook... I can guarantee about the taste though. Come let us prepare the RASBHARI PANEER N KHOYA BALLS together.


INGREDIENTS [for the instant khoya]

Milk Powder : 1 small tea cup 
Full Cream Milk : 1/2 small tea cup 
Ghee : 1/4th small tea cup 

INGREDIENTS [for the fresh paneer]

Fresh  Milk : 1litre
Lemon Juice : 2-3tbsp

INGREDIENTS [for the milk malai]

Full Cream Milk : 500ml
Sugar : 2-3 tbsp
Green Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp

INGREDIENTS : [final dish]

Paneer : As we get
Khoya : As we get
Milk Malai : As we get
Sugar : 2 tbsp
Green Cardamom : 1/4th tsp
Roasted Pistachio [chopped] : 1 tsp to garnish.

METHOD :

For the instant khoya, we will take the milk powder, full cream milk and ghee in a microwave safe bowl and mix well. We will microwave it at high for 3 minutes, pausing and stirring each minute and let it cool.

For the paneer, we will take the fresh milk in a heavy bottomed vessel, put on the gas stove and bring it to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, we will switch off the gas stove and squeeze the lemon juice. stir and the milk curdles. 

We will strain the whey water through a clean, white cloth. Tie the cloth with the remaining paneer to our sink top for 1/2 an hour.

We will take the paneer down and transfer to a plate. We will add the instant khoya, 2 tbsp sugar, green cardamom 1/4tsp.


We will mash and knead the entire mixture for about 8-10 minutes. It looks as below.


Now we will shape the torn smaller portions into flattened tikki likes. They look as below.


We will arrange all the balls in a shallow dish.

We will boil 500 ml milk for about 12-15 minutes until it reduces to 250-300ml. We will add the sugar and boil further for 5-8 minutes. We will add 1/4tsp of the green cardamom powder, stir and let boil for 2-3 minutes further.

We will pour the hot milk syrup atop the paneer and khoya / semi-solidified milk balls. We will garnish the dessert with the roasted and chopped pistachios and serve chilled or warm.






15 comments :

  1. I very much love your devotion and go get it attitude towards cooking.. Seriously, after farewell, who want to work in the kitchen and that to cook such a lengthy preparation.. big thumbs up .. Very beautifully narrated. So healthy, delicious and perfectly made, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much but I think I am losing out on that devotion...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much... Subha Bijoya to u n family...

      Delete
  3. Count me in on lazy cooking. If this sweet treat is lazy way, wait until you see what I cook. Not a sugar person, but yea, a little of sweet craft will not hurt. A pleasure indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its looking super delicious,i love milk sweets

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so good. Very much required in this festival season..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delicious recipe made so simple...

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW!! I am a big fan of sweets and this look so yummmilicious..love the idea of making it instant khoya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolly thanks.... learnt it from a you tube video....

      Delete
  8. Wow!! Another interesting, innovative and yummy sweet recipe .. Lovely clicks..looks delicious..:)

    ReplyDelete