Tuesday 13 September 2016

PAN FRIED SPICY PANEER


I had few visiting friends last week who I invited over lunch. Whenever there are guests at home, my concentration is more on the starters / appetisers rather, besides the mains. It is with appetisers / starters that we get cosy with guests / friends whom we are meeting after quite sometime. Meeting people is a breakthrough from an everyday routined life, hence it has to be a relaxed one with an equally convenient ambience and good food. As a host, I / we always try to make our guests feel comfortable and happy. At any get together at home, I prefer to keep both non vegetarian and vegetarian appetisers for my guests. On that particular day, it was an all ladies treat over lunch. The appetisers were less in number.... a fruit chat, a non vegetarian starter and this vegetarian starter of Pan Fried Spicy Paneer. I served it on a bed of sautéed onion and chillies. Let us prepare this quick and easy dish of Pan Fried Spicy Paneer together. 

Update : Although I am updating the the pictures on January, 2024, I wished to keep one of the previous pictures!

                           


INGREDIENTS :[for the pan fried paneer]

Paneer : 300 gm
Cumin Powder : 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1/2 tsp
Aamchur Powder : 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Salt : As Required
Mustard Oil : 2+3 tbsp [for colour, other edible oil varieties can be used]

INGREDIENTS : [ for the sautéed onion and chillies]

Onion : 1 big sized
Red Chilli : 2 those big, fat variety
Green Chilli : 2 those big, fat variety
Black Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala : 1/2 tsp
Salt : As Required
Oil : 2 tsp

METHOD :

Cut the paneer block into smaller cubes. Marinate the paneer cubes with all of the spice powders, salt and 2 tbsp mustard oil. Keep aside for half an hour.

Peel, wash and slice the onions. Wash and chop the chillies.


Heat 2tsp oil in a wok. Add the sliced onions, saute till soft and pink. Add the chopped chillies. Once they are a bit soft, add the salt, black pepper and chat masala. Stir well for a minute.


Transfer to a serving plate.

Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Gently place the marinated paneer cubes on the pan discarding the marinade. We will cook all the sides for 1-2 minutes each at low heat.


Transfer to a tissue paper and then arrange atop the sautéed onion slices and chillies.

Serve hot with your choice of chutney.






15 comments :

  1. Delicious and tempting paneer...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long gone entertaining friends in my house. All the more, I hardly have female friends. So, meals are cooked with love for my other half and myself, perhaps for the closest true friends. This is such a lovely dish. I would try with the tofu block sitting in my fridge for tomorrow's meal. Loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Navaneetham... you r right... yet I would say we must mingle with few friends...

      Delete
  3. I will be surely trying it at home

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome looking pan fried panner. Love the ingredients you have used here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good :) Such a lovely texture...

    ReplyDelete