Saturday 8 November 2014

WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN




Whenever I indulge too much into sinful delights and see the results on the weighing machine, I start murmuring....Health is Wealth. This really helps for the next few days to keep myself within the advisory limit of the doctor. I religiously put a curb on my carbohydrate intake and concentrate more on proteins and vitamins. Honestly, baking , roasting are not much common in authentic Bong cooking, so obviously I am quite poor at it. It is very recently following my expert blogger friends handling excellently such recipes that I said to myself .....lets give it a try! Every new recipe that is healthy and colourful does attract me. And all such experiments I do in my convection oven. Lot of research needs to be done to adjust the timing, knowing the right kind  of seasoning, length of period of marination and so on....so forth. Friday evenings, and I am on a research mode.

   On such a friday, I picked up this simplest recipe of roasted chicken. Whenever me and my senior plan for a movie out in the evening, leaving junior back at home, I start feeling guilty. He is a grown up, yet it happens. Since he hates rice, I plan a recipe he would love to have, prepare it and then go out. So that when mamma goes out she can see that smile on son's face and when she comes back she smiles to see no leftovers in his dinner plate. Again there has to be a nice way to feed vegetables to strictly non-veggies. I served the roasted chicken with cheesy bread!! Let us do this hassle free cooking together.

 INGREDIENTS :
Chicken[whole] : 800gm-1kg
Cumin Powder : 1tsp
Coriander Powder : 1tsp
Garam Masala Powder : 1tsp
Black Pepper Powder [coarsely ground] : 2 tbsp
Butter : 2-3tsp
Oil : 2tsp
Salt : As per requirement

METHOD :
Get a whole chicken from the market with skin on. Cut off the head and feet, clean the stomach. Wash thoroughly. Pat dry with a clean dry cloth. With help of a knife make cut marks on the body.

Melt the butter in microwave for 10-15 seconds. Freshly grind the black peppers coarsely. Rub the whole chicken with lemon juice, butter and ground black pepper. Keep aside for 4 hours.

Preheat the oven. Place the chicken on a baking tray. Place the rack inside, on it the tray with chicken. Cook at 200*C for 20minutes and then for next 20 minutes at 180*C. It should be done. Insert a knife to check. Since every oven is different you have to adjust your own timing.

Serve hot with any kind of Bread!!





   

No comments :

Post a Comment